Tuesday, January 15, 2019

#TipTuesday

Good morning y'all,

I wanted to start a weekly tip session, so that I could share something awesome I wanted to share with you! Have you ever had one of the "I was today years old when I learned this" moments. Well, I have these often.

Today, I wanted to share with you how you can cut down time in the kitchen! If you are anything like me, you probably don't enjoy chopping vegetables. Well, I have found a way to chop them all at once and have them for the whole month!

My favorite grocery store is Aldi (I will post all about that soon, I promise), however you can not just buy one onion. I did not the entire bag of onions going to waste because I couldn't use them all. So I set to figure out if I could freeze them, and guess what? You can! I love to use my freezer as a storage option! I have chopped and freezed onions, bell peppers, green onions, and many other vegetables.

Here is my process:
1. Chop the vegetables in whatever size you would like, I do a variety for various meals
2. Place the vegetables in different snack zip top bags
3. Store all of the snack zip top bags into a gallon freezer bag
4. Label and call it a day

It is amazing the time you can save with this prep and I love the way I will always have vegetables ready to go and use them more often since they are convenient!

Hope this Tip Tuesday finds you well.

Remember to keep everyday special in some way,
Kaylee Ann Wilkes

Here are the links to my favorite kitchen essentials:
Hand Chopper - https://amzn.to/2suzHH4
Zip Top Bags - https://amzn.to/2DbQGDS snack size
https://amzn.to/2DaROrr freezer gallon size

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling in Text with a Picture in Powerpoint

Hey friends, Happy happy Spring! Can you believe it is finally here?! Here in Alabama, we have all four seasons in one day, so I am cons...