Thursday, March 7, 2019

Top 10 Pressure Cooker Recipes


On Monday, I shared my take on pressure cooker mac-n-cheese. Many people have asked me to give them more recipes they can use in their pressure cooker!

I have linked my tried and true recipes below with some commentary. I believe in using what you have in your pantry and making it work for your family. For example, I rarely have heavy whipping cream sitting in my fridge. This is why I used milk in my mac-in-cheese instead! Do your research and see what you can substitute!



Did you know you could freeze cream cheese? Yep, I buy it in bulk from Aldi when it is on super sale and throw the bricks into the freezer in their packaging! Frozen cream cheese is not the best to spread on a bagel, but it is great in dips and sauces! Crack chicken on sliders is a staple in our household. We actually just had it last night! 



This is a tailgating classic that we can munch on throughout our busy Saturdays. I love making this dip in the crock pot, but sometimes I forget to start it first thing. You can munch on this with celery or low-carb tortilla chips or your favorite potato chip! 



I made this a couple of weekends ago when the stomach bug hit our household. It was SO easy to prepare and amazing to have on your tummy. I put in chopped carrots, trying to sneak those veggies in, and bowtie pasta! This is what I had in my pantry, so it is what made our meal! I froze the leftovers and can not wait to break into them again! 



I adore this website for everything and this is the first recipe I ever made! Are you a meal prepper or just like to bulk cook? Well this is the recipes to try! You can season it however you'd like and pop them into your pot! They are frozen to done in under 30 minutes! 



I grew up on spaghetti with meat sauce. When I met my husband, I learned that he was not a ground beef fan at all. Over the years, I have been trying to get more red sauce into our meals and make myself believe that I am having spaghetti again! Top this with your favorite cheese and it is amazing!



Y'all, this is an amazing recipe. I absolutely adore it over rice, riced vauliflower, pasta, and just by itself. You can even serve it with two sides and call it a day. This is just a great staple recipe to have in your rotation!

Sweet Potatoes 

If you have been following me for a while, you know that I make my own baby food. How I haven't turned my kid orange, I will never know. She is absolutely obsessed with sweet potatoes. She will eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I would let her. Anyways, I have used many methods with the instant pot and all had great results! I placed them on the trivet that holds them above the water; which is great if you aren't cooking many pounds at once. I have cooked them by wrapping them in foil, which I did not notice a difference in the cooking times. Last trick I have tried is using a little silicone trivet that sits deeper and can cook almost 3 pounds at once. I stabbed them, put them in for 45 minutes and they were falling out of their skins. It was glorious. Snag the silicone trivet here.



This is the recipe that caught all the attention on my Insta-stories this past few days. I had whipped up a batch of this wonderful goldy gooey goodness to fill my family's bellies. I did not have heavy whipping cream, so I put in milk. I also didn't have elbow macaroni, so I used rotini. It is the same amazing result! One of my family's twists on macaroni is to mix in buffalo chicken, which is thrown in the crock pot earlier in the day. 


I have been able to snag huge packs of wings at Aldi for less than $4 and stretch them for two lunches. They are an absolute fave around my house. My husband won a multi-pack of Buffalo Wild Wings sauce this past Christmas and we have been experimenting. Pro tip: don't skip the broiling portion. That is how you get all the crispy goodness! 



My husband is obsessed with sesame chicken and has high standards of it. I have been perfecting this recipe for on the stove and crock pot, but the instant pot is the best! I have skipped the sesame seeds *gasp* and he still loved it. Also, I omitted the green onions because we just don't keep those in the fridge. 


I hope you enjoyed all of these meals and ideas. What are your go-to pressure cooker recipes? 

Stay Special, 
Kaylee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling in Text with a Picture in Powerpoint

Hey friends, Happy happy Spring! Can you believe it is finally here?! Here in Alabama, we have all four seasons in one day, so I am cons...