Friday, January 18, 2019

Lesson Planning in Special Education

Hey y'all,

I wanted to share with you about how I go about lesson planning for my classroom. A little background, I teacher third, fourth, and fifth grade resource. I have students come in and out of my classroom for prescribed amounts of time. During their time in my classroom, I will work with them on specific skills that they have not mastered. Our days are long and hectic, so I must be extremely flexible with my plans.

I just created a table on powerpoint to include all of my time slots (I run in 30 minute increments) and put the entire week on one page. This allows me to see exactly what I want to do each week. Here is a view of my upcoming week:

I am able to scratch out holidays, testing, and seeing when I might need to move tests around. I love how flexible these plans are. Of course, I create lesson plans that have details, objectives, and standards. However, this is my "game plan". 

Do you have to write lesson plans in Special Education? If so, what do they look like? 

Stay special, 
Kaylee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling in Text with a Picture in Powerpoint

Hey friends, Happy happy Spring! Can you believe it is finally here?! Here in Alabama, we have all four seasons in one day, so I am cons...